Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tobblin's Chicken Stew

My Chicken Soup recipe I did last night was extremely simple,

2 cups,Cooked Diced Chicken breast,
4 small red potatoes diced, ( if your in a hurry microwave them before dicing.
4 stalked of asparagus diced,
1/4 bag of frozen corn ( half cup )
Normally I would have added frozen peas too ( half cup ) but I didn't have any so I put in Brussels sprouts, which surprisingly tasted fine!
I seasoned it, with garlic powder, lemon juice, Johnny's Season Salt, and a pinch of sugar to balance the flavors.
Season it to taste.
Remember cooking, use garlic powder and NOT garlic salt. garlic salt will make our dish way too salty and not give you the flavors you want.
Oh, the water.. Don't forget to cover it all in water.
If you want, a nice chicken stock will work a lot better instead of water, and you will need less seasoning.
If your using Brussels sprouts, boil til Brussels are tender, and also until asparagus is tender. When the potatoes break down, it thickens up quite abit.

Its real quick for a Chicken Stew, and you can easily substitute various veggies.

No comments: